Need energy? Feeling weak and tired? Then this tea is for you!
Rich in nutrients, Alfalfa Tea is a great source of strength and well being. A wise choice if you want to regain your balance and improve your overall well-being. Naturally high in many essential vitamins, including A, D, E, K, and even the full family of B vitamins. All these vitamins in one plant, that's a hit and wonderful for your skin!
Alfalfa has been used and appreciated all over the world for centuries.
It supports the body in many ways:
- Detoxes the urinary tract
- Purifies the blood and liver
- Has a strong alkaline effect on the body
- Promotes bowel movement regularity and healthy hydration
- Eases general digestive problems
- Contains high levels of enzymes for food digestion and assimilation
- Helps lower bad cholesterol, and reduce the incidence of atherosclerotic plaque
- Supports healthy blood sugar levels, especially when taken with manganese (ginger, cinnamon)
- Supports the pituitary gland
It is surprising for so many different types of vitamins to be present in just one plant, which makes this tea a winner!
Bring water to a boil. Turn off stove. Add 1 teaspoon of alfalfa leaves in 1 cup of boiling water for approximately 10 - 15 minutes. Strain, add agave, fig or date syrup to taste and drink. The taste is bland and can be mixed with peppermint to help with renal dysfunctions, but will also just give it a good soothing minty flavor.
Cautions: Alfalfa is generally safe when consumed by healthy persons but there are situations where caution is appropriate. Some people have experienced a mild upset stomach or lupus like effects. Because of this, persons with autoimmune disease or hormonal cancer should avoid alfalfa. Pregnant women and persons with gout should also avoid alfalfa. Consult your healthcare provider before using alfalfa leaf if you are currently taking any form of medication or dealing with an autoimmune disease.
Important: This information is for educational use only and is not FDA approved. It is not meant to prescribe or as a cure. Please be advised by your Naturopathic doctor.